I started my first million daimoku campaign (chanting/prayer campaign) on June 1st, 2010.
I wrote down three goals in my small prayer booklet:
- courage to challenge my problems
- my own happiness & health
- share Buddhism with others & to talk to one person each day about Nichiren Daishonin’s Buddhism
This was the first time I started to chant and pray specifically about the problem I faced in my life that involved the people who harassed and stalked me constantly – the insane people whose voices I constantly heard in my head. My prayer booklet was filled with encouraging quotes that reassured me along the way, and I finished this daimoku campaign on December 1st, 2011, approximately one and a half years later. On the last page of my daimoku tracking booklet I wrote, “Changed my life.”
While I had changed my life after completing my first million daimoku campaign, I had not even approached the amount of chanting, prayer, effort, self-reflection, internal change, and courage I would need to get to where I am today. The very next day, December 2nd, 2011, I started my second million daimoku campaign towards my goal of resolving the situation of the people in my life who were a constant threat and a constant danger.
I wrote down more goals in my new prayer booklet:
- no more voices
- our happy marriage
- our families’ good health & happiness
- world peace
- change my financial karma & earn a steady income
I finished my second prayer campaign on April 11th, 2013 and started my third prayer campaign with a new set of goals, the most important of which was to never give up.
- never give up
- find the best publisher for my memoir
- have my memoir published in Japanese for SGI President Ikeda
- write another memoir about my experience as a Peace Corps volunteer in the Dominican Republic
- continue writing children’s stories
- build a successful career as an author
- share my experience and promote my memoir, Never Give Up: Buddhism, Family & Schizophrenia to the widest possible audience
I finished this daimoku campaign on April 24th, 2014. I self-published my memoir during the summer of 2014, did my best to self-promote the memoir, and began work on a children’s press called SundanceKid Press. On April 25th, 2014 I started my fourth million daimoku campaign with a few new goals, and a few continuing goals that still had not been resolved.
- encourage others
- a successful writing career & a successful memoir
- absolute victory over the people responsible for perpetrating the incredible injustices I’ve experienced over the past 13 years
- the happiest marriage
- justice for myself, for my husband and family, and for everyone who experienced the injustices of this unbelievable nightmare
Currently, I have about one week to go to finish my fourth million daimoku campaign, depending on how many hours I chant each day. I feel that after all these years, I am finally approaching victory. I am determined to achieve every one of my goals, and I have absolute conviction that I will definitely do so. I believe that when I finish this campaign, this nightmare will be over. Buddhism is about victory or defeat, and I will achieve victory!